Skip to Content
Enfield Council

Please read the following terms and conditions before booking your appointment for Notice of Civil Partnership

Step 1 of 5 Next: Index Questions

Terms and Conditions

Before your civil partnership can take place, you need to give Notice.  This is a legal declaration of your intention to form a civil partnership.

You must both give Notice in person - no one else can do it on your behalf.

The time period between when you give Notice and the date you form your civil partnership must be at least 28 days. This time period does not include the day you give notice, nor the day of formation, so ensure you give notice at least 30 days before your proposed civil partnership.

Your notice is valid for 12 months and is not extendable.

If either partner is subject to immigration control it is essential that you give notice together at the same appointment. The time period after you give notice can be extended from 28 days to 70 days depending on your particular circumstances. If this happens, then you will not be able to book a civil partnership date until the Home Office gives us clearance to proceed and a full 70 days has elapsed.

Fees for Notice

The cost of this service is £42 - £57 for each Notice depending on whether a referral to the Home Office is necessary. 
Additional fees of up to £83 for the consideration of a divorce or dissolution document may also apply.
If you need to amend your notice afterwards we charge a fee of £20 per amendment.

Documents you need to give notice

The documents you need are prescribed in law and it is your responsibility to bring everything required to give notice.

As well as proving your identity, you also need to prove where you currently live and that you are free to form a civil partnership.

Failure to bring the correct documents will mean you will be advised to rebook your appointment for another day and could impact on whether you can form your civil partnership on the date you have chosen.  


© Zipporah Ltd.